Friday, January 20, 2006

La Linea permanent link   5 comments
Update: I found two mpeg videos! They are about 2.2 MB each and not exactly HDTV quality, but you'll get the idea and that is what counts! And thanks to Carla for adding another link to my little collection.
La Linea - Music
La Linea - Magician
La Linea - Mozart


What happened to the little, ever impatient man on the line??? Anyone out there who doesn’t remember this permanently babbling “manikin” who, as a 70’s breaktime diversion, regularly popped up during early evening TV broadcasts, cinema screenings and advertising?
I loved watching this cartoon while I grew up and yes, even into adulthood.
Christened “la linea” by its creator, the Italian cartoonist Osvaldo Cavandoli, the tiny choleric became the star of la linea, a great moment in the Italian animation school of “fumetto”. But despite its high recognition value, little has been published on this cartoon series - at least not outside of its country of origin.
Cavandoli, a resident of Milan since the age of two, started out as a technical designer for Alfa Romeo between 1938 and 1943. In 1944 he developed a keen interest for animation whilst working in the studio of animation pioneer Nino Pagot. By 1950 he had become an independent director and producer of a puppet animation for cinema advertising. In 1969 the budget by Lagostina, a manufacturer of kitchen utensils, turned out to be la linea’s midwife.
The series became a resounding success, both commercially and artistically. As part of light entertainment programming more than 100 different episodes began their triumphal procession across the television screens of 40 different nations.

Too bad that I haven't seen my little white friend in recent years. I wonder if he's still around....


5 Comments:

At 1/23/2006 02:40:00 PM, Blogger leftbanker wrote...

La Linea must be a European thing as I've never seen it before. Go Seahawks! Even I have become a fan.

 
At 1/23/2006 05:04:00 PM, Blogger Inka-Wolfy wrote...

well lefty, I guess THAT must be the reason then since I spent the last 8 years before this last one in Seattle :-)
The cartoon was hilarious. I found 2 mpegs to download a sample:

http://www.gustiher.com/video/linea_musik.mpeg
http://www.gustiher.com/video/linea_galdrar.mpeg

they are 2.2MB files and the quality is n't quite HD but you will get the idea.

Good stuff

 
At 1/29/2006 07:07:00 PM, Blogger  wrote...

I just found your site looking for something else and I stumble across this reference to La Linea... somewhere in my memory I know I've seen this before, and did a little search in YouTube.com... guess what I found:
http://www.youtube.com/?v=PJSwGElRZqQ
Yes, one more La Linea cartoon! Hope you like it :)

 
At 1/30/2006 10:05:00 AM, Blogger Inka-Wolfy wrote...

gracias Carla,
appreciate the addition!!! Even more so that it combines 2 of my posts, this one and the Mozart's birthday!

Great find.

 
At 7/03/2006 03:28:00 PM, Blogger  wrote...

I guess you'll be happy to know (if you didn't already) that now you can find 56 La Linea shorts online... This is what I found:
http://drawn.ca/2006/06/23/la-linea/
And the actual link to the videos:
http://www.tv5.org/TV5Site/la_linea/
Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




eXTReMe Tracker