Monday, February 06, 2006

un lobo de vacaciones permanent link   4 comments

I will be 'loboing' in Tumbes (Punta Sal) this week, wolfing around surfers and howling at the moon from a hammock on the terrace of our bamboo hut.
This tropical city is near the border to Ecuador and surrounded by ricefields and banana plantations. Not exactly the right nutrition for a hungry wolf, but what the heck. The water of the ocean has a temperature of 30°C (86F) all year round, and the beaches are magnificent, so I heard.
I'm going to recharge my batteries after yesterday's Superbowl loss and stay away from politics for a while, and go photo-hunting instead.

From what I read, Punta Sal is a large beach resort, a growing hot vacation spot for the water or beach enthusiast, or someone who just wants to relax and eat great seafood. Shrimp, lobster and fish are the staple here. The sandy beaches are long, white and incredibly beautiful. Fishing, swimming, surfing, water-skiing, yachting and canoeing are all great pastimes to enjoy here. Nearby is the famous Caleta de la Cruz de Pizarro, where Conquistadores landed more than 400 years ago to begin the conquest of Peru, as well as Hemingway’s favorite fishing spot, Cabo Blanco.

Hasta Luego



4 Comments:

At 2/16/2006 10:58:00 PM, Blogger leftbanker wrote...

How about a vacation to Germany for a couple World Cup Games? USA vs Italy or Germany vs Poland?

 
At 2/17/2006 12:04:00 PM, Blogger Inka-Wolfy wrote...

Is that an invitation??? :-)
I'd love to go! I have not yet seen the new stadium in my hometown Frankfurt with my own eyes, therefore a game like Holland-Argentina sounds awfully exciting. The USA-Italy game is in Kaiserslautern, only 80 miles from Frankfurt, also a good choice.
However, first I have to win the 'Tinka' or find a sponsor.... sigh!

Are you planning to go, Lefty?

 
At 3/01/2006 01:07:00 AM, Blogger Maria wrote...

I cannot believe that you went to Punta Sal!
I am very jealous. Punta Sal and Mancora are on my list of places to visit. I did head over to Asia, and as pretty/modern this city by the beach is... it is the true depiction of inequality and discrimination in Peru. More on that story later.

 
At 3/01/2006 09:05:00 AM, Blogger Inka-Wolfy wrote...

Hola Maria,
the beach in Punta Sal is the pefect spot if you seek relaxation. I've been to many different places in this world and I usually judge a vacation by the contemplation of going back there one day or not. Punta Sal and the resort "Caballito de Mar" is definitely worth a return visit!
For anyone interested, I put up a few photos on Flickr:

photos from Punta Sal/Mancora

a review article about my experience is also in the works...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




eXTReMe Tracker