Friday, March 31, 2006

Germany Survival Bible permanent link   5 comments
For all you crazy futbol - football - fussball - soccer fans out there who plan to go to Germany for the World Cup this summer - or if you're just trying to "understand those quirky Germans and their odd ways, the good, the bad and the ugly", you can read and contribute to the "Germany Survival Bible".

The Survival Bible Quiz: Are You Ready to Visit Germany?

WE NEED YOU: Help us Write the Germany Survival Bible

The first entries have been submitted:



latest additions:


another excellent read about understanding the German way of life, in all its mysteries, can be found here

other World Cup related articles:
German Brothel Removes Muslim Flags Amid Threats
World Cup Security: German Politicians Urge Checks on Iran's Soccer Fans


.

5 Comments:

At 3/17/2006 09:03:00 PM, Blogger gamma-normids wrote...

If Peru were to the Cup, I'd be there... no matter if I had to sell my car - which I don't have, BTW :P. Too bad. I'll check it though, I really really fancy everything it's related to football.
I write in English because it seems like you might have more English readers than Spanish due to the language yo use and how they might arrive via search, I hope you don't mind (Good practice though!)

 
At 3/23/2006 01:23:00 PM, Blogger Inka-Wolfy wrote...

added the latest additions and a reader forum today.

Having spent the first 30 years of my life in Germany, I certainly can identify most of the the German stereotypes expressed in these articles. Fun stuff :-)

Perhaps I shall create a Peru Survival Bible soon....

 
At 3/29/2006 10:18:00 AM, Blogger Inka-Wolfy wrote...

just added two more entries today.

Damn, I miss my 'Currywurst'... yummy stuff!!
Once in a while (...probably 2 days a year...) the "Tottus" grocery store sells a raw version of "Thüringer" salchicha, from a peruvian meat factory named "Braedt". Then I make my own currywurst at home, served with a cold Flensburger Pilsener beer.
For me,it's like winning the lottery :-), if I miss those 2 days, I am doomed.
And asking the clerk for a little hint, when exacty the next opportunity arises, usually gets you nowhere. They don't know, they just sell. They either have it or they don't.

Got an idea! I think I should just get a license for one of those mobile snack carts they have in parks here and sell my own original German "Brat- and Currywurst". Perhaps it will catch on with Limeans.

 
At 3/29/2006 10:34:00 AM, Blogger Inka-Wolfy wrote...

but I shouldn't complain. Here you will find way more German products in grocery stores than in the United States. Although pricey, but thats normal for delicatessen...

 
At 4/07/2006 01:14:00 PM, Blogger Inka-Wolfy wrote...

I am NOT a liar! Me? Fail English? Unpossible!
:-)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




eXTReMe Tracker