Friday, April 21, 2006

Quote of the day permanent link   8 comments
"I will defeat Humala at the ballot boxes. With Maradona or without him."
- Peruvian presidential candidate Alan Garcia, after learning that Maradona will come to a campaign rally in Lima in May to endorse and support his nationalist opponent Ollanta Humala (April 26, 2006)

"Are we an Andean Community or are we not? At least I'd call it bigamy - in our culture you cannot be married twice, you have to divorce first or at least be separarted."
- Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez, after Peru signed a Free-Trade agreement with the USA, hoping that Humala will become peruvian president and nullify the treaty (April 26, 2006)

"I ask comrade and brother Hugo Chavez to save the CAN in the name of the peoples' struggle."
"I'm obliged to consider it out of solidarity with our friend Evo. I will reconsider if Peru and Colombia reconsider, too"

- Bolivian president Evo Morales on Venezuala's withdrawl from the 'Community of Andean Nations'. And Hugo Chavez' response (April 23/24, 2006)

"For years I've been saying that the Andean Community is dead. Right now, I'm president of the Andean Community. And what am I president of? Of a big lie. Above all now that Colombia and Peru have signed a free trade agreement with the United States, in this it's true that they finished killing it."
- Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez (April 20, 2006)

"No. I have never used the word admiration. I admire the life of Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King."
- Ollanta Humala, when asked if he's an admirer of Hugo Chavez (April 15, 2006)

"To achieve the country′s dream, Peru needs twenty more years of growth combined with a strong emphasis on educational programs that are multilingual and multicultural."
- Eliane Karp de Toledo, First Lady of Peru (April 17, 2006)

"A woman who does not have children is an incomplete woman."
- Nadine Heredia, wife of presidential candidate Ollanta Humala (April 2, 2006)

Note: Someone read this post and had the idea of creating a 'quote of the day' section in the sidebar. Since I value my readers' input and suggestions immensely, I happily obey. :-)

.

8 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 05:00:00 AM, Blogger De Luis wrote...

What about the female who cannot have children!?

 
At 4/17/2006 10:01:00 AM, Anonymous CesarS wrote...

eso es un golpe bajo

 
At 4/17/2006 10:07:00 AM, Anonymous gamma-normids wrote...

IICR, when Marta CHavez said that, it was Nadine Heredia who defended Lourdes. I could be wrong, but I think I am not.

 
At 4/17/2006 10:15:00 AM, Blogger Inka-Wolfy wrote...

gamma,
I saw her saying that on a campaign stage last night on Bayly's "El Frankotirador".
I don't think it had anything to do with Martha Chavez.

 
At 4/17/2006 10:23:00 AM, Blogger Inka-Wolfy wrote...

cesars,
a "low blow" from me or a "low blow" from Nadine?

 
At 4/17/2006 11:57:00 AM, Anonymous CesarS wrote...

es un golpe bajo de Nadine, obviamente hacia Lourdes :)

 
At 4/19/2006 12:39:00 PM, Blogger gamma-normids wrote...

I remembered! I think it was Elianne Karp who said that few months ago about Lourdes, and Nadine defended her.

 
At 4/25/2006 05:37:00 PM, Anonymous rici wrote...

Mirko Lauer in today's La República:

"Si MVLl realmente quiere que García gane, debería dejarles la política a los políticos."

"If Mario Vargas Llosa really wants García to win, he should leave politics to the politicians."

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




eXTReMe Tracker